The Site is maintained by the Lamar Soutter Library at the University of Massachusetts Medical School of the University of Massachusetts (“University”), in support of its mission to disseminate information and research to scholars, educators and the public.
4. Other Content. Content on the Site other than Posted Material is made available only for your personal, noncommercial use. You may not retransmit, publish, distribute, display or otherwise make available any such Content to others, except as University may otherwise expressly allow, and except for the notices and other information accompanying Posted Material, which you may make available when you have the right to make the related Posted Material available.
6. Disclaimer of Warranties. THE SITE AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED "AS IS." TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, UNIVERSITY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND (EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE) REGARDING THE SITE OR THE CONTENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OWNERSHIP, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. UNIVERSITY MAKES NO WARRANTY ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, SUFFICIENCY OR QUALITY OF THE SITE OR THE CONTENT, NOR THAT ANY PARTICULAR CONTENT WILL CONTINUE TO BE MADE AVAILABLE. UNIVERSITY DOES NOT APPROVE OR ENDORSE ANY POSTED MATERIAL OR CONTENT PROVIDED BY OTHERS, INCLUDING UNIVERSITY AUTHORS. UNIVERSITY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL OPERATE WITHOUT ERROR OR INTERRUPTION, OR THAT THE SITE OR ITS SERVER ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MATERIALS.
7. Limitations of Liability and Remedies. YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND THE CONTENT IS AT YOUR OWN SOLE RISK. IN NO EVENT SHALL UNIVERSITY BE LIABLE TO YOU, IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SITE OR THE CONTENT, OR YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR THE CONTENT, OR ANY THIRD PARTY RIGHTS IN THE CONTENT, EVEN IF THE SITE OR CONTENT IS DEFECTIVE OR UNIVERSITY ARE NEGLIGENT OR OTHERWISE AT FAULT, AND REGARDLESS WHETHER UNIVERSITY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
9. Submissions to eScholarship@UMMS. University has additional requirements and procedures that apply to authors and others who submit articles or other material to the repository for posting on the Site, and any such submission must be made in accordance with those requirements and procedures.
10. Links to Other Sites. Links on the Site to third-party web sites are provided solely as a convenience to you. University does not approve or endorse the content of linked third-party sites, and you agree that University will have no responsibility or liability in connection with your use of any linked third-party sites.
12. Copyright and Other Complaints. If you believe your copyright has been violated on the Site, or you have other concerns about the Site or the Content, please contact the Lamar Soutter Library at the University of Massachusetts Medical School.
Last updated October 23, 2017