Department of Psychiatry; Office of Educational Affairs, Division of Research and Evaluation
Psychotherapy; Competency-Based Education; Clinical Competence; Internship and Residency
This current study had two goals: 1. To examine the changes in various performance measures
as residents progress through psychotherapy training
2. To explore correlations among various measures of psychotherapy
- Resident self-assessment does not appear to reflect competence
as assessed by supervisors, or knowledge as assessed by objective
- Global supervisor evaluations do not appear to reliably measure
- Standardized supervisor assessment instruments are needed.
- Further work is needed to develop reliable, valid measures of
Mathews J, Benjamin S, Chauhan M, Zanetti M, Correlation of Measures of Psychotherapy Competency in Psychiatry Residents (poster), American Association of Directors of Psychiatry Residency Training, Orlando, March 2010.
American Association of Directors of Psychiatry Residency Training, 2010
Matthews-Bellinger, Julia; Benjamin, Sheldon; Chauhan, Mohit; and Zanetti, Mary L., "Correlation of Measures of Psychotherapy Competency in Psychiatry Residents" (2010). Psychiatry Publications and Presentations. 479.