Call for Proposals - Northeast Institutional Repository Day 2019
The NIRD19 Call for Proposals is now closed. We hope to see you at the conference!
The Northeast Institutional Repository Day (NIRD) Program Committee is pleased to issue a Call for Proposals for the first annual Northeast Institutional Repository Day.
Tuesday, June 18, 2019 (time TBD)
GSU Conference Auditorium (2nd floor)
George Sherman Union at Boston University
775 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02215
We are looking for proposals to cover a variety of topics including, but not limited to:
- Unique IR collections or collections challenges;
- IR outreach initiatives or collaborations;
- IR metadata interoperability, ingest, or maintenance;
- IR workflows or policy;
- Dissertations and theses and the IR;
- Innovations or issues related to stewardship of IR material;
- Building relationships with IR depositors or contributors;
- Repository migration;
- Repository metrics.
We are looking for proposals in the following formats:
- Lightning Talk (5-10 min) - a brief, freestanding presentation, with or without slides, including Q&A;
- Presentation (20 min) - a more comprehensive, freestanding presentation, including Q&A;
- Panel (45 min) - a collection of brief presentations on a topic or area, including a moderated Q&A;
- Workshop (45 min) - an instructor-led workshop on a topic or tool.
- Deadline for submission: April 1, 2019 – Deadline extended to April 15, 2019!
- Notification of acceptance: April 29, 2019
Please submit your proposal here: https://goo.gl/forms/e0LophioaUIS1em82
If you have questions, please contact one of the conference organizers:
- Erin Jerome, UMass Amherst ()
- Lisa Palmer, UMass Medical ()
- Eleni Castro, Boston University ()
- Mikki Simon Macdonald, MIT ()
- Colin Lukens, Harvard ()
About Northeast Institutional Repository Day:
A group of librarians from New England are collaborating to plan the first-ever Northeast Institutional Repository Day on June 18, 2019. The goal of this event is to bring together all who manage or are interested in institutional repositories, digital collections, and digital preservation in the Northeast.