Submission Guidelines for International Medical Education Program Global Health Trip Reports
- Requirements prior to submission
- Public access
- Log in or create your account in eScholarship@UMMS
- Submission agreement
- Fill in submission form
- What happens next
Requirements prior to submission
- Students must complete the Global Health Trip Report (Download a blank form) and save it as a Microsoft Word or PDF document.
- Students must share the completed report with the UMMS faculty member who was the UMMS faculty advisor for your global health experience.
- To receive academic credit, students must upload their trip reports into the eScholarship@UMMS system. Instructions are provided below.
Please note that Global Health Trip Reports are published exactly as they are submitted. They are not edited, typeset, or retyped by the School of Medicine or the Library. Therefore, the document’s appearance when it is accessed or printed is entirely the responsibility of the student. The student must assume responsibility for: preparing the document according to the instructions on page 1 of the Global Health Trip Report; sharing the draft version with their UMMS faculty advisor; checking the document for appearance; and submitting the final, approved document to eScholarship@UMMS.
Basic trip information (student's year of medical school, host institution, region, dates of travel) is available to anyone using the Internet. Complete trip reports are available for download for UMass Medical School users only.
Students who do not wish to share their completed trip reports within the UMass Medical School community (for example, if the trip report contains sensitive and/or classified information) should contact .
Log in or create your account in eScholarship@UMMS
Please note that Chrome and Firefox browsers work best for the eScholarship@UMMS site. Some users of Safari and Internet Explorer have experienced problems with the submission process.
- Open your web browser and go to https://escholarship.umassmed.edu/cgi/ir_submit.cgi?context=intmeded. Or, click on the Submit Trip Report link in the left navigation pane on International Medical Education Program.
- If you already have an eScholarship@UMMS account, please log in. If you have never made a submission to eScholarship@UMMS before, you will need to click on Sign Up under the login box to create a free account. (It will be separate from your UMass network login.) Please enter “University of Massachusetts Medical School” as your institutional affiliation.
- After you click the Sign Up button, the eScholarship@UMMS system will send you a confirmation email. Click on the link in the message to confirm your account. (If you do not see the confirmation message in your email inbox, check the junk mail folder.)
After logging into the system, you will be presented a submission agreement as the first step of the submission process. Please read the agreement carefully, print it for your records, check off the box, and click the Continue button.
Follow the instructions below to submit to the International Medical Education Program Global Health Trip Reports. You will be notified by email when your submission has been reviewed and added to eScholarship@UMMS.
The submission process consists of the following steps:
- Read and accept the Submission Agreement below
- Provide information about yourself and any co-authors
- Upload your completed Global Health Trip Report as a Microsoft Word or PDF document
Before you begin, please be sure you have the following items:
- A completed Global Health Trip Report in Microsoft Word or PDF format that you have shared with the UMMS faculty member who was the UMMS faculty advisor for your global health experience
Submission Agreement for the International Medical Education Program Global Health Trip ReportsBy checking the box below, I hereby grant to the University of Massachusetts Medical School Worcester, the Lamar Soutter Library, and its agents the non-exclusive license to archive and make accessible, under the conditions specified below, my Global Health Trip Report, in whole or in part in all forms of media, now or hereafter known.
I warrant as follows:
- I have the full power and authority to make this agreement. If I traveled with another student and am submitting a shared report, I have the authority to make this agreement on his or her behalf.
- The trip report does not infringe any copyright, nor violate any proprietary rights, nor contain any libelous matter.
- I understand that the trip report may be posted as submitted, unless the submitting author requests otherwise or submits a revision.
- I understand that basic trip information (student's year of medical school, host institution, region, dates of travel) is available to anyone using the Internet. Complete trip reports are available for download for UMass Medical School users only.
Fill in submission form
- Follow the entry instructions for each field on the submission form.
- Under Upload File, select the "Upload file from your computer" option to upload your completed Global Health Trip Report as a Microsoft Word or PDF document.
- Click the Submit button.
- When you see the message indicating that your submission has been successfully uploaded, you are done. You will receive a system-generated email message to confirm receipt of your submission.
If you experience problems during the submission process, contact , the eScholarship@UMMS administrator.
To revise your submission at a later time, log into your eScholarship@UMMS account, click on the title of your submission, and select the option in the menu in the upper left to Revise Trip Report.
What happens next
After reviewing the submission, the International Medical Education Program or the Library will contact the student if there are any revisions necessary.
The Library will post the trip report in eScholarship@UMMS within 2 weeks of review.
Post-publication edits: Once the Global Health Trip Report has been posted on eScholarship@UMMS, corrections or retractions cannot be made unless the student submits an official request to .
Removal of content: The full text of a Global Health Trip Report will generally be removed from eScholarship@UMMS only for reasons such as plagiarism, copyright infringement, IRB non-compliance, and/or violation of the submission agreement. Removal requests should be sent to and should include the reason for removal.