Publication Date

2017-2

Document Type

Finding Aid

Disciplines

Archival Science | History of Science, Technology, and Medicine

Abstract

The Worcester Foundation for Biomedical Research (formerly Worcester Foundation for Experimental Biology) was established in 1944 in Shrewsbury, Massachusetts by Dr. Gregory Pincus and Dr. Hudson Hoagland. This collection documents the Worcester Foundation history and development until its 1997 merger with the University of Massachusetts Medical School in Worcester, Massachusetts. Also included in this collection are materials related to the Worcester Foundation for Biomedical Research faculty members.

Comments

This collection was processed by Dina Litvak in 2014. Processing of additional material was completed by Kristine Sjostedt in 2017 and 2018. News clippings were photocopied onto acid-free paper and all materials were placed in acid-free folders. Photographs were digitized and are stored internally on the Archives’ network system. Some photographs are available for viewing as part of the collection’s record in the public database on the Library’s website.

The finding aid was last reviewed and updated January 2019.

Keywords

University of Massachusetts Medical School, UMass Medical School, history, archives, finding aids, Worcester Foundation

Share

COinS