Thursday, April 5, 2018
University of Massachusetts Medical School
Faculty Conference Room
The theme for the 2018 University of Massachusetts and New England Area Librarian e-Science Symposium:
“Libraries in Data Science: Past and Future”
Thank you for another great symposium! Materials will be posted soon.
Micaela Parker, PhD, University of Washington
Executive Director, eScience Institute, University of Washington
Micaela Parker, PhD, became the Executive Director of the eScience Institute in September 2016, a position she job shares with Dr. Sarah Stone. The mission of the University of Washington eScience Institute is to engage researchers across disciplines in developing and applying advanced computational methods and tools to real-world problems in data-intensive discovery.
- Data Repositories: Jomol Mathew, PhD, Associate CIO & Head of Data Science and Technology, University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Data Visualization: Tony Nguyen, MLIS, AHIP, Technology & Communications Coordinator, National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM), Southeastern/Atlantic Region (SEA), University of Maryland, Baltimore
- Data Outreach: Harrison Dekker, MLIS, Associate Professor Data Services Librarian, University of Rhode Island
- Data Rescue: Margaret M. Janz, MLIS, Scholarly Communications and Data Curation Librarian, University of Pennsylvania
Moderator: Regina Raboin, MLIS, Associate Director, Lamar Souter Library, University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Jake Carlson, MLIS, MA, Director of Research Data Services (Interim), University of Michigan Library
- Scott Matheson, JD, MLIS, MPH, Associate Law Librarian for Technical Services, Goldman Law Library, Yale University
- Mathew Burton, PhD, Assistant Professor at the School of Computing and Information, University of Pittsburgh
The University of Massachusetts and New England Area Librarian e-Science Symposium encourages New England region libraries to collaborate and support e-science initiatives at their institutions. Featuring presentations by nationally recognized leaders in the e-Science arena, the symposium is an educational opportunity for librarians to learn about e-Science resources and current initiatives. The symposium also provides a forum where librarians can discuss new library roles for engaging research communities and supporting networked science.
e-Science Symposium Sponsors:
- Lamar Soutter Library, University of Massachusetts Medical School
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine New England Region (NNLM NER)
- Boston Library Consortium