The 9th Annual University of Massachusetts and New England Area Librarian e-Science Symposium
Thursday, April 6, 2017
University of Massachusetts Medical School
Faculty Conference Room
The theme for the 2017 University of Massachusetts and New England Area Librarian e-Science Symposium:
“Libraries in Data Science: Addressing Gaps and Bridges”
Thank you for another great symposium!
The sessions and speakers:
- Most Informative Poster in Communicating e-Science Librarianship: Library support for clinical and translational research: research data management and data science
- Poster for Best Example of e-Science in Action: Developing Data Information Literacy with the Institutional Review Board
- Best Poster Overall: Building Research Data Services at Mount Holyoke College
"An Impact Agenda for Biomedical Libraries"
Kristi Holmes, PhD, Northwestern University
Director, Galter Health Sciences Library, Feinberg School of Medicine
Associate Professor, Preventive Medicine (Health and Biomedical Informatics)
Director of Evaluation, Northwestern University Clinical and Translational Sciences (NUCATS)
- "Adapting the Library Repository to Accommodate Research Data, Publications, and Partnering with Researchers" Andrew Creamer, Hope Lappen and Neil Sarkar, Brown University
- "A Collaborative Clearinghouse for Data Management Training and Education Resources" Sophie Hou, University Corporation for Atmospheric Research and Nancy Hoebelheinrich, Knowledge Motifs, LLC
- "Sex, Lies, and Data" Shea Swauger, University of Colorado - Denver
- "Managing data management: building a RDM service at MIT Libraries" Christine Malinowski and Phoebe Ayers, MIT
"Creating Connections With Your Community"
Sally Gore, MS, MS LIS, University of Massachusetts Medical School
Research Evaluation Analyst, University of Massachusetts Center for Clinical and Translational Science
- Daina Bouquin, Head Librarian, John G. Wolbach Library, Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
- Audrey Mickle, Data Librarian, Marine Biological Laboratory Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution Library
- Yvette N. Woell, Manager, Argonne Research Library, Argonne National Laboratory
The University of Massachusetts and New England Area Librarian e-Science Symposium encourages New England region libraries to collaborate and support e-science initiatives at their institutions. Featuring presentations by nationally recognized leaders in the e-Science arena, the symposium is an educational opportunity for librarians to learn about e-Science resources and current initiatives. The symposium also provides a forum where librarians can discuss new library roles for engaging research communities and supporting networked science.
e-Science Symposium Sponsors:
- Lamar Soutter Library, University of Massachusetts Medical School
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine New England Region (NNLM NER)
- Boston Library Consortium
Questions? Contact Julie Goldman at firstname.lastname@example.org.