Accidental copper sulfate toxicity after flame colorant ingestion
Department of Emergency Medicine, Division of Medical Toxicology
Letter to the Editor
Emergency Medicine | Medical Toxicology
We report a case of an unintentional ingestion of “Mystical Fire” colorant containing copper sulfate resulting in hepatic and renal toxicity, hemolysis, methemoglobinemia, and gastric injury treated with hemodialysis, surgical interventions, plasmapheresis, and chelation.
DOI of Published Version
Clin Toxicol (Phila). 2017 Sep;55(8):943-945. doi: 10.1080/15563650.2017.1330958. Epub 2017 Jun 8. Link to article on publisher's site
Clinical toxicology (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Griswold, Matthew K.; Nordberg, Alexandra; Babu, Kavita M.; Boyer, Edward W.; and Chai, Peter R., "Accidental copper sulfate toxicity after flame colorant ingestion" (2017). Emergency Medicine Publications and Presentations. 97.