Aims and Scope
eScholarship@UMMS (ISSN 2640-0081) is an open access digital archive and publishing system offering worldwide access to the research, scholarly work, and expertise of the University of Massachusetts Medical School community. Our goal is to collect, organize, disseminate and showcase UMMS achievements in research and education by our faculty, researchers, staff, and students. We help individual researchers and departments organize, preserve and disseminate their research beyond the walls of the Medical School by archiving publications, posters, presentations and other materials they produce in their scholarly pursuits. eScholarship@UMMS is a service of the Lamar Soutter Library.
Faculty, researchers, staff, and students associated with the University of Massachusetts Medical School are invited to deposit their digital materials. For more information about participating in eScholarship@UMMS, see the FAQ, our eScholarship@UMMS Library Guide or contact at the Lamar Soutter Library.
Content archived in over 100 collections in eScholarship@UMMS includes:
- Dissertations, theses, and other student works produced by students in the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, the Graduate School of Nursing, and the School of Medicine
- Open access journals published through eScholarship@UMMS
- Conference proceedings, including the UMass Center for Clinical and Translational Science Research Retreat
- Departmental collections of journal articles, reports, posters, presentations, and other publications
Benefits of eScholarship@UMMSSee our eScholarship@UMMS Library Guide and view our poster illustrating some of the benefits!
- Free for UMass Medical School faculty, staff, and students
- Searched by Google and other search engines to maximize readership and impact of your scholarship
- Wider exposure will potentially lead to earlier and increased citation of your work
- Each month you are emailed usage statistics on the full text downloads for each of your documents in the repository
- DOIs and Creative Commons licenses can be provided
- Ability to include supplemental materials such as additional tables, spreadsheets, video files, etc.
- Great recruitment tool for schools and departments to recruit students, faculty, researchers
- Your research is stored in a central, searchable database
- Ensures long-term preservation of your digital materials to ensure long-term availability and accessibility
- Provides a permanent link for each document and easy access to your papers
- Platform for publishing open access electronic journals such as Psychiatry Information in Brief and the Journal of Global Radiology
- RSS feeds and automatic email notification for updates on newly published content
- Managed by the Library
- Digital Collections Policy: This policy articulates the scope and selection factors for the creation, collection, organization, dissemination, and management of digital content through eScholarship@UMMS.
- Digital Object Identifier (DOI) Minting Policy: This policy articulates the scope of materials that can be assigned a Digital Object Identifier (DOI) through the Lamar Soutter Library, and the process of obtaining a DOI.
- Digital Preservation: The repository utilizes the bepress Archive service with Amazon's Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) to create permanent archives for the purpose of ensuring long-term availability and accessibility of repository content.
Policies for specific collections
- Capstone Policies
- GSBS Dissertations and Theses Policies
- GSN Dissertation Policies
- GSN DNP Scholarly Project Policies
- International Medical Education Program Submission Guidelines
- Journal of eScience Librarianship Policies
- Senior Scholars Program Submission Guidelines
See also our eScholarship@UMMS FAQ.