Selected Works of Mary Piorun
Background: Mary Piorun, MSLS, AHIP is the Associate Director for Technology Initiatives and Resource Management at the Lamar Soutter Library of the University of Massachusetts Medical School. Before joining UMass in 1999, Mary was a systems librarian at the US Nuclear Regulatory Commission in Rockville, MD, and served in various other professional and intern positions in libraries in Maryland and Washington, D.C. Mary received her MSLS from the Catholic University of America, Washington, DC. and a Masters in Business Administration at Bentley College. Mary is a member of the Medical Library Association and the Association of College and Research Libraries New England Chapter and is currently a NML/AAHSL Fellow.
Areas of Interest: Library Administration, Management, Integrated Library Systems, Digital Repositories, Scanning/Digitization Programs, Process Improvement, Library Technologies, Internet.
- Mary E. Piorun and Jane Fama (2007) Choosing the International Standards Organization's Interlibrary Loan Protocol (ISO) or Preserving the Status Quo?
- Mary E. Piorun, Lisa A. Palmer, and James F. Comes (2007) Challenges and Lessons Learned: Moving From Image Database to Institutional Repository
- Deanna Lucia and Mary E. Piorun (2005) Managing a Library Renovation Project: A Team Approach
- James F. Comes, Cecile Bianco, Sally A. Gore, Lisa A. Palmer, and Mary E. Piorun (2007) Capturing Students' International Experiences: eScholarship@UMMS and International Medical Education
- Sally A. Gore, Barbara C. Ingrassia, Judy Nordberg, and Mary E. Piorun (2007) New Partnerships for a New Generation
- Mary E. Piorun, James F. Comes, and Marilyn S. Billings (2007) The Role of the Institutional Repository in Preserving the Scholarly Record of the University of Massachusetts
- Mary E. Piorun and Lisa A. Palmer (2007) Anatomy of a Digitization Project: Dissecting the Process
- Patricia D. Franklin, Heather-Lyn A. Haley, Barbara C. Ingrassia, Ellen S. More, Mary E. Piorun, Phyllis Pollack, and Elaine Russo Martin (2006) Changing the Face of an Institution: Creative Partnerships for Women’s Professional Development
- Mary E. Piorun, Barbara C. Ingrassia, and Jane Fama (2005) Journals, Journals Everywhere and Not a Shelf to Spare
- Mary E. Piorun and Robert Vander Hart (2004) Library Web Development: A Decade in Review
- Mary E. Piorun and Deanna Lucia (2003) Managing a Library Renovation Project: A Team Approach
- Mary E. Piorun and Barbara C. Ingrassia (2002) Creating Digital Collections: The Original Research of Gregory Pincus, Sc.D.
- Mary E. Piorun (2001) Expanding the OPAC
- Mary E. Piorun and Lisa A. Palmer (2006) Anatomy of a Digitization Project: Dissecting the Process
- Mary E. Piorun and James F. Comes (2004) Feeling Around in the Dark: Defining the Library’s Role in a Campus-Wide Digitization Project
- Deborah Sibley and Mary E. Piorun (2000) Laptops: No Dragon Wires with Wireless Technology