The Program in Gene Function and Expression (PGFE) at The University of Massachusetts Medical School is an interdisciplinary program that seeks to:
* bring together faculty with diverse research interests who use a variety of scientific approaches to investigate exciting questions relating to gene expression and function.
* offer postdoctoral fellows and graduate students the opportunity to work in a stimulating environment on the leading-edge of modern biological research.
* participate in the quality education and training of its graduate students.
* provide a research atmosphere that is both collegial and collaborative.
* achieve research excellence as a premier research facility in the biomedical sciences.