"Librarians Working with Scientific Research Data"
Wednesday, April 9, 2014
University of Massachusetts Medical School (Faculty Conference Room)
Please note this is a change of location from previous e-Science Symposia.
Registration is now closed. If you would like to be added to the waiting list, please contact Raquel Abad, Project Coordinator, at email@example.com.
We invite you to submit an abstract for a poster that reflects on libraries/librarians and e-Science. To begin, review the instructions for the Poster Proposal Submission Process and then log in to the online submission system.
The deadline for poster abstract submissions is February 1, 2014.
Symposium Program and Schedule (PDF format)
Confirmed speakers are:
- Keynote: Arcot Rajasekar, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Carly Strasser, California Digital Library
- Karen Hanson, New York University
- Julia Kochi, University of California, San Francisco
- David Lowe, University of Connecticut
- Lamar Soutter Library, University of Massachusetts Medical School
- National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NN/LM) New England Region
- Boston Library Consortium
The University of Massachusetts and New England Area Librarian e-Science Symposium encourages New England region libraries to collaborate and support e-science initiatives at their institutions. Featuring presentations by nationally recognized leaders in the e-Science arena, the symposium is an educational opportunity for librarians to learn about e-Science resources and current initiatives. The symposium also provides a forum where librarians can discuss new library roles for engaging research communities and supporting networked science.
The 2014 e-Science Symposium is co-sponsored by:
Questions? Contact Raquel Abad, Project Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.